Friday, October 25, 2013

Two Times the Gym

Just a normal Thursday around here.  I like Thursdays almost as much as Fridays because we have nothing scheduled for Thursday evenings and no school the next day.

Thursday morning started off like most mornings, breakfast, bible story, chat with daddy and off to school.  Of course bitty baby and angry bird had to join us for the ride.
After only 4 hours of sleep last night it was a Starbucks morning.  So the Diva and I headed over to Starbucks after dropping E off at school.
I think we annoyed that guy because he was reading the paper but quickly got up and went outside after I set the Diva in that chair so I could pour creamer in my coffee.

After quickly getting our coffee fix we headed over to Flips for gymnastics.  The Diva was great and did most everything all by herself.  We had a sub coach so not to much skill learning happened but it was nice for a break and us moms gt to chat a bit since the kids didn't need us.  The Diva spent most of her time running around.
After gymnastics we headed to 24 hour fitness for a little of my gym time.  Thursday is my HIIT run day.  I think I am going to look forward to this day each week.  It's a shorter gym day for me.  I warmed up with a mile at 6.4 mph (nice that I can now call that a warm up!)  Then started my workout.  I did 10 minutes of sprints at 9.0 mph a minute at a time with a slow jog between each minute at 5.3 mph.  Then I cooled down with a half mile jog at 6.3 mph and a couple minute slow walk.  Then I stretched and picked up the Diva from kids club.  Loved this workout, it is short but I still end up drenched.  I ended up running just over 4 miles, and I love that I call 4 miles short!  I also learned a lesson that the heart rate monitor does not work correctly if put on upside down, so that was a waste!

Next the Diva and I made a quick stop at HEB for peanut butter and gu/chomps (for my long run Saturday) then headed home.  I actually attempted to put the Diva down for a nap before getting the boy from school.  And it went like normal, I got her to sleep placed her in her crib and she was awake.  After listening to her, which can only be described as trying to destroy her crib, I went up there and snapped at her to go to sleep.  Then there was no noise, she fell asleep.  Of course that meant now she only got to nap for about an hour.  When I went to wake her up to go get E from school she was out hard, she was sleeping so hard she was sweaty and had deep lines on her face.

After picking up E from school we headed to Walmart to pick up some supplies for a project we are going to do together.  That was a total bust because Walmart was out of everything we needed!  I guess it's Hobby Lobby on Friday.  But the kids were happy because we spent a good 30 minutes in the toy section.
They took turns in the driver seat, they can be so sweet!

Before school this morning Eli begged me to go to the gym after school.  So after Walmart the 3 of up headed back up 45 to 24 hour fitness again.  This time I did a HIIT work out on the stair climber but not as intense at my run this morning.  Then I did some ab work that I didn't get done on Wednesday.  And speaking of Wednesday I am walking around like an old lady, I am so sore from my leg work out!  After the gym we headed home for Dinner and then bed time.

At school Eli got to go to the treasure box (that boy goes to the treasure box so much) and he got this fish or what he likes to call him, a shark.  In the car he was making up all kinds of stories with this "shark".  He played with him so much at the gym it fell apart.  Luckily I was able to put him back together but not before a few tears fell (E's not mine)
Amazing what little toy can make a boy so happy and imaginative!





No comments:

Post a Comment