Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Another crazy Monday

Monday wears me out just remembering it!  I might have packed a little too much into this Monday.  We started off our Monday with chocolate chip pancakes.  A little fancy for a Monday but when mommy didn't go to the grocery store that is what I had on hand to make, lucky kiddos.

 After breakfast we headed to the gym.  Normally on Monday's I try to do some sort of long run but since I am running the 10 for Texas on Saturday and then training for my 1st ever marathon I decided to switch my gym routine up.  I did a tempo run instead.  Which started off with 5 minutes walking a 1 mile warm up the 3 miles at 5K pace then a 1 mile cool down run and 5 more minutes walking.  Then I got a good stretch.  I know a lot of people hate the treadmill, and I would much rather have run out side in the lovely weather we are having but I don't want to push a double stroller!

After the gym we went across the street to my weight watchers meeting where I am down, yea!  But so was Eli a half a pound.  The kids like to weigh in after I do and today they both decided to take off their shoes like mommy does.  I told them that they are suppose to gain weight so they needed to keep their shoes on!  HJ was up .2 pounds, yea!.  After a sitting through a meeting about sitting too much we were off to our next activity.

Every Monday FBCTW does story time at 11am so that is where we went.  It is really cute.  The kids get to enjoy a snack and juice while listening to 3 or 4 books.  Sometimes we sing a song or do some type of activity with the books and then the kids do a craft and then get to play with some toys.  This week was on music.  Mrs. Kimberly (or children's pastor) brought in a bunch of different instruments for the kids to see.


After story time we had our errands to run.  1st Hobby Lobby which I think I have never seen it so crowded before!  Then on to Kroger's for our weekly shopping trip.  Kroger's went so much better than Hobby Lobby.  While at Kroger's I was told that I need to have a bunch of children because my kids are so cute and it would be a shame not to have more.  I told him I would if someone else will pay for them and have them for me!

Then it was home for naps and lunch for me!  Where i discovered the Kroger's private selection brand goat cheese crumbles was mislabeled and was actually blue cheese, at least I like blue cheese but it's not the same.  After nap I promised I would show the kids my trumpet and played a little for them.  This is where I discover that I don't remember how to play any more.  At least this time Eli didn't put his hands over his ears and run away yelling stop mommy like he use to this time he just put his hands over his ear and told me I was hurting his ears while HJ climbed in my lap to get a better look.  Next it was on to more costume time.  (need to get those kiddos a dress up box!).

After playing for a little bit we were on to our next activity.  We headed to CFA in Spring for their Prince and Princess Family Date Night.  It was really cute, they treat it like a sit down restaurant with table clothes and waiters.   They had Prince Charming, The Beast, Bell and Cinderella.  They gave the kids each a balloon.  Eli got a crown and a sword and HJ got a tiara clip, wand and princess hair.


The balloon lady also gave the kids a turtle each.  I was also told while there that wy kids were so well behaved and polite!  I love when my kids remember their manners!  We had a fun time there and ended our date with a CFA cookie
don't know why I let her eat it in the car!
.
We ended our busy day with some skate time and play time with the neighbors.  Even though it was a busy day we enjoyed it and are so thankful to God for allowing us to do so much and for the awesome weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment