Saturday, October 12, 2013

Prep day

Our Friday started off like our normal Friday.  Fridays are my favorite day of the week because we normally don't have much going on so we can take the day slower.  This Friday, though, was the day before the party so it wasn't as relaxing as normal.  It started off normal with a trip to the gym.  I had to switch my normal Friday gym routine since I was running the 10 for Texas the nest morning.  So I just did some light cardio.  25 minutes on the stair climber then 25 minutes on the elliptical and afterwards I did about 20 minutes of stretching.

As soon as I put my head phone on and looked up at the tv I saw the my gym on the news.  That morning at 2 am there was a mugging at gun point.  Luckily the guy was not seriously and the 3 guys were caught but they were caught way down I45 at the University of Houston http://www.khou./news/local/Robbery-outside-Woodlands-gym-leads-to-lengthy-chase-arrests-227368441.html  It kind of hit to close to home for me since Just last Friday I was at the gym at 4:30am.  I will now always take my pepper spray with me!

After the gym it was time to run errands for the party but 1st up it was time to pick up my bib for the race!  The kids love to go to Luke's Locker since they can get a cup of water (very exciting since I never give them water...) and a lolly pop (since I never let them have candy...).  Next up was, of course, Starbucks!  Can't do party shopping with out a shot of caffeine.  Did know that a Starbucks bag makes a great party hat?
 .

After Starbucks we were off to HEB to look at the lobster...er get supplies.  HEB has the cool car carts with fire on the sides so they go fast, at least that's what another shopper told the kids.
Next up was a stop at Sams.  Which I happened to get out of the store with only spending $100!  What is with that store, you go in there and all of a sudden you want to buy large quantities of stuff you never normally buy?  Ran into another shopper picking up a kids birthday party supplies.  I helped her find the hot dog buns and she helped my find the mass quantity of processed meat sticks.  


Friday night was Kids Night Out at the church.  The kids got to wear their costumes and play games this time.  My mom came and met me at Sweet Tomatoes after dropping the kids off at KNO.  So awesome of my mom to come after work and spend the night so the kids could go to KNO!  Then mom and I ran an errand and headed back to the house so I could prep some stuff for the party.  Before I knew it was time to pick the kiddos up.  We got there and neither kid even said hello to me they went right to their Nanny!  At home both kids only wanted their Nanny so guess who got to brush their teeth (yea, break for mommy!).
  

And she got to put them to bed too!  Finally it was bed time for the adults where I got to pretend I was going to sleep where I actually just tossed and turned thinking about my busy day on Saturday.  At least I have a comfy bed to pretend to sleep in!

No comments:

Post a Comment