Friday, October 25, 2013

One More Day.....

You know what Friday means?  Just one more day until Thomas gets home!!!!

Our Friday started out like every other day.  We had breakfast but no video chat with daddy due to scheduling conflicts.  Do to my new diet of trying to double my protein intake I had a huge portion of eggs for breakfast.  My scrambled egg breakfast consisted of 32g of protein.  That is a lot of eggs and I was stuffed but it was only 4 points plus!
This is what 1 whole egg and 3/4 cups of egg beaters looks like with .25 cups of cheese.
While the boy and I waited for the Diva to wake up a little art action took place.
Don't know why he is working on the kitchen table as opposed to the art table.
After the Diva woke up we headed to the gym.  Friday is my Arm/back day.  So after 30 minutes on the elliptical (and I was still very sore from legs day on Wednesday) I hit the weight floor.  I like to do the assisted pull up/dip machine 1st but I ended up having to do almost all of my workout 1st before being able to get on that machine.  It was a very popular machine today!  As soon as I started my 1st set a trainer comes up to me and asks if I am almost finished, "um no, I just started"  Then asks if they can cut in, "um no, I go back and forth with not much rest in-between (not to mention that I have waited over 30 minutes for this machine).  Then she proceeded to stand right next to the machine like a hawk until I was finished.  Seeing as it was the top of the hour so she had just started the training session couldn't she move on to something else 1st!?

In trying to increase my muscle mass I am trying to drink a protein drink right after I do my weight routine.  This is hard seeing that I am still very full from breakfast (which was almost 4 hours earlier).  So I have been drinking ISO pure zero card premixed drinks from the gym.  It is pretty gross but has the highest about of protein with the least amount of junk and calories.  It is basically water with whey protein and flavoring.  A very short ingredient list!
40g of protein for only 4 points plus.
Instead of hitting up Starbucks after the gym for a treat for the kids I got them vanilla milk from the gym (Starbucks is cheaper!)  Then we headed to Hobby Lobby to get supplies to make welcome home signs for Thomas.  Then home for lunch and early naps since we had afternoon plans.  After the kids got up from their naps they got to video chat with Thomas!  But we had to make it short because we were trying to get out of the house and head to Nanny's houses before the traffic got too bad.  Didn't work the traffic was bad!  I don't think there is a good way to get to my parents house, we got stuck in Magnolia traffic.  We finally got to my parents house but we were hopping to make it my Mom's school instead but with the traffic we just went straight to their house.

The kids spent the night at my parents so I could go birthday shopping for the Diva and then be able to do my long run in the morning.  I can no longer shop for the Diva with the Diva.  She is way to smart.  I am not sure how I am going to Christmas shop this year..  If I thought the traffic was bad going to my parents, it was even worse trying to get back to the woodlands!  Took me over 30 minutes to get out of Magnolia!  I guess nest time I will try 2920 to see if it is any better, I just didn't want to deal with Tomball traffic.

I finally got to the Woodlands and got all my shopping done and headed home.  The weirdest thing happened when I got home.  I thought I was going to be greeted by my cat when I got home.  Patches has been dead for about 2 years now.  I was really sad when I realized she wouldn't be there when I walked in the door.  My only guess of why I thought she would be there was because I stopped by sonic on the way home for dinner to eat at home while watching some TV.  When I was pregnant with Eli I would stop by sonic a lot on my way home from work, while Thomas was out of town, for dinner.  Then I would come home eat it while watching TV and pet patches how would sit on my lap or next to me while I ate.  I really do miss my cat....








.

No comments:

Post a Comment