Friday, August 31, 2012

Nap Mat obsessed!

 For Mother's Day out this year I decided Eli needed a new nap mat.  After seeing the amazing job Abby Leavins did on the nap mat she made for Reagan I decided to try something a bit more involved than I normally make.  Since my almost 4 year old is obsessed with Batman (even though he has never seen any Batman type show) I decided to make him a Batman Themed nap mat.  I was very pleased with the way it turned out.

When it's all rolled out it has an attached pillow and blanket.  The blanket is lined in satin and has a small Batman symbol in the corner.  I did the side Eli sleeps on in a soft Batman themed flannel.

All rolled up, i appliqued E's name and added a handle.

The mat stays rolled up with 2 button tabs that I embroidered with the Batman symbol (just to make sure you know it's a Batman nap mat).

Eli loved the mat so much he had to immediately play "school" and have nap time.

He decided he couldn't see his movie very well from where he was on the floor so he decided to move the mat to the couch so he could watch his movie and play "school" all at the same time.  But I had to take my nap on the floor!

Eli was so excited to take his mat to school on Monday.  He had to carry it in himself (so my plan of adding a handle worked! I wanted him to want to carry it)

Eli loved napping on his mat at school so much that when we took it home on Wednesday he had to nap on it on Thursday and Friday (why nap in a comfy big bed when you can nap on the floor on a tiny mat.).  I am so glad he likes it so much.  But now I think he is going to want me to make him one for home too!  He has already asked me to make one for all his friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment